Reiki Energy Therapy
What is Reiki?
If you are not familiar with Reiki, think of it as “a Japanese technique for relaxation that also promotes healing.” Reiki is often experienced as a hands-on treatment where “a warm and soothing energy flows from the hands into the client, promoting relaxation and releasing tension.”
Reiki can have powerful and healing effects on the human energy field (aura) and the chakras.
What can I expect?
In a safe, nonjudgmental environment, a typical full Reiki session may include the following elements, but practitioners do take varied approaches, so your experience may be different than described here.
- New clients, will be asked to complete an online intake form prior to their first session.
- I’ll ask you to share any stressor, physical pain, medical, or health issue you may be experiencing.
- We will experience a brief relaxation or meditation exercise.
- Clients will lie on a Reiki/massage table, fully clothed (speak up if you are comfortable in all regards – physically, temperature in the room, etc.). Reiki may also be done with a client seated in a chair.
- If I am called to do so, I may use crystals or a pendulum during the practice.
- Aromatherapy may also be a part of your experience. If you are sensitive to fragrances, let me know before your appointment.
- I will lightly lay my hands at certain positions on your body. Let me know if you are sensitive to any particular touch, for example some people are not comfortable with having their feet or face touched).
- You may (or may not) experience physical or emotional sensations or reactions.
- Soft music usually accompanies the treatment.
- After your treatment, I will gently bring you back into full awareness
- I love to hear about your experience, so please feel free to share your experience with me, noting any sensations, visualizations, messages, clarity, physical recovery (it may also be that you don’t experience anything other than relaxation – and that’s perfectly okay!)
- Reiki sessions may be scheduled for 15, 30 or 45 minutes. If you’d like longer, please let me know. Please plan accordingly (you may wish to allow some time after your treatment for quiet reflection).
- New clients will be asked to submit payment when you book your session. Established clients may pay upon completion of your session. Just let me know prior to booking